"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
-George S. Patton

1.26.2009

Eternal Hopelessness

eternal hopelessness

you can't get over her
you'd rather have a car fall on you
because the pain of every body in your body being crushed
can't even be as great as the ache in my heart right now

i barely even know you...
you remind me that all of the time
but yet i am fixated...on you
and i can't get it out of my head

i get told it's not worth it...
and the heartache only proves them wrong
the endless trials with no reward make me strive more
and the hopelessness remains

everyone hates me
and it confuses you
because although you beleive them...
you want to believe me

there is no way to say what i feel...
only that it's undescribable
yet i am naive enough to try
and think i am able

i can't explain this pain...this sorrow
this un-needed pain
this terrible hole in my heart
too wide to mend...

crying out inside
a soft sob, no one can hear.
i wish you could but you are too worried about being attached.
and so i remain...alone

you have too much good going for you to take a chance with me
you have too many friends who don't want anything to do with me
too much against me...
and then...there's me...and quite frankly my side doesn't seem like a winner
but i'm not a quitter...i just don't
i don't give up
that's why i allow myself to feel so much pain because i am really dumb enough to go on
i know you think i am too
doesn't matter
i'm not giving up on you
don't think i'll ever come to either...
i don't want to...becuase i really do care. i'm not some clone who says it...
nice guys finish last...right now that's definatly me...

No comments:

Post a Comment