"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
-George S. Patton

1.26.2009

The Lost Mic.


thinking of you
tears me up inside.
because it's totally hopeless, for us to be
you've broke down all my pride

you're the one i think i love.
yet the "us" we'll never be
why can't i just forget about it
pack up, end it...flee

it's because i don't give up on you
i won't and never will
just give me the chance to show you
that i will not fail

it's such a long shot i know
that so much doth go against
you taking just one shot on me
and giving me your trust

i'll show you how i can.
with all that i can do
to prove to you that i'm sincere.
and i'll always be true

there's no way i'd force it
i just hope that you can hear
my cry for you, although it's quiet
to listen for me, my dear

it's really lame and so am i
writing such a thing
but it's what i do and how i tell
the things i cannot sing

but to you, this one's for you.
you know exactly who you are
that you is all that i desire,
when i wish upon a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment