"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
-George S. Patton

1.26.2009

letter to home

i never actually got to thank you the other night

for all the help you were to me

you gave me a bed, a pillow and a warm blanket

and for that you are a sanctuary


you're always there for me

even when i don't want to be around anyone

or talk to anyone

you are the place i can go to let it all out

you always have been good at listening to me

and i can take out my anger on you

and you understand


you're quiet at times and loud at others

you've always got a room for me and my brothers

you get me what i "need"

and are a key essential for me to succeed

you have protection and keys and locks

but that's only to keep me safe

to keep me safe


i use you

and try not to abuse you

you're not perfect and neither am i

but we do all we can to make sure we get by

i do my part as best as i can

to make the place more spic and span


once again thank you for being there

when life was just too hard to bare

for being there when i was down

and keeping me safe and sound


and this so that all the world may know

that this is a place to learn and grow

No comments:

Post a Comment